Friday, August 12, 2011

My Retreat Cabin

Yesterday morning, Bill and I made our escape from the city, leaving behind the Outside Lands Music Festival which was being set up in the park, Sunday Streets in the Tenderloin, wet, drippy fog, and lots of slow traffic. San Francisco is a wonderful, beautiful city filled with exciting things to do, but at this moment I really need the peace and tranquility of the mountains.  We arrived a little after noontime, and met my son, Kevin and friend, at the cabin.  We all had lunch in Twain Harte at the Mexican Restaurant out on the porch, and then Bill and I said our goodbyes to Kevin and we went back to our cabin.  Kevin headed for the city where he will participate in the bike valet service that the Bicycle Coalition provides at the Outside Lands Event.
 
I am feeling very relaxed, listening to quiet music.  The sun is shining, but it's not too hot--a perfect temperature.  This morning I did my yoga, and I plan to do my yoga each morning, meditate, play my Indian flute and my piano, and work on some projects.  I also hope to go on a little hike somewhere.  Bill is fixing the rain  gutter, and plans to do some other work if he survives fixing the gutter.  It is so restful up here--just what my spirit needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment