Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Fog

This morning I awoke with a promise of a little sunshine.  It has been so foggy here for days, maybe weeks.  It has been wet, damp, drizzly and very depressing.  Since my mother passed away on May 4, 2011, I have been feeling very tired and without any motivation to work on all my projects.  I've gone for walks in the evening, but I had to wear a warm coat and scarf,  There were people out at 7:00 p.m. riding their bicycles, walking dogs and some even said hello, but it's not the same as a walk on the beach promenade as the sun is setting. 
 
Yesterday, I did get out of my neighborhood to have lunch at a Balinese Restaurant with a friend and then we went to her house on the opposite side of the city.  Her house is over a mountain and in a valley and it was very beautiful there.  She has a lovely garden and vegetable patch.  In my yard, it's neat, but I have spaces waiting to be planted, but it's too cold for me to stay out there for long.  I know it's like this in the summer--it's our summer fog, but each year I long for the sun.  Tomorrow Bill and I are going to our cabin in the Sierras where I hope to sit in the sun on my porch and read a book and also work on my photo album project.  Hopefully by the time I get back, the fog will have dissipated and the sun will shine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment