Thursday, November 12, 2015

Poems of reflections

On My Dad's Birthday
April 12, 2013

Standing in the newly-mown grass
With breezes blowing gently past
Memories of the family I once had
Were flooding my thoughts and making me sad.

Where did they go--their souls are not here--
Only their ashes and bones, I fear.
Is this where in the future I head?
I shouldn't think of things I dread.

To live in the present is the key
And giving love to all we see,
So when our time is finally done
With the universe we will be one.

(Guess where I went today?)
____________________________________________________

April 21, 2013

This was a beautiful April Day
For singing, gardening and play.
As the sun slid into the sea,
I felt it was a wonderful day for me.
_______________________________________________________

After South American Cruise
May 1, 2013

We've traveled the globe
and over the seas.
Looking for earth's antiquities.
But no matter where we shall be,
It's home that makes my heart run free.
_____________________________________________________

June 13, 2013

I am home alone, but I don't mind,
"Cause my time's my own
And I'm not confined.

Like the birds in flight
that I watch near the sea,
I take delight
In just being me.
__________________________________________________________

At the cabin--June 2013

Sitting in silence in these woods
Calms my thoughts and my moods.
There's work to be done
But when I bask in the sun,
I have no inclination to move.
_________________________________________________________

From cabin deck
Sunday, July 7, 2013

In the moment I float
Like the leaves in a breeze
Fear and pain do fade
And my soul it frees.
______________________________________________________________

Powell Street Station after an Ollie class.
February 6, 2014

There's a life down here
in the underground--
A pulse, I feel, beating all around,
With musical notes floating
through closed space,
And footsteps pounding as in a race.
___________________________________________________________________

Ash Wednesday
March 5, 2014

My intentions for the next forty days
Are to try and mend my indulgent ways.
I will reflect, meditate, and pray
And be mindful of the words I say.
I will be aware of the food I have taken.
And share with those who have been forsaken.

(I was inspired by Father John's sermon at St. Gabriel's Mass)

_____________________________________________________________

March 2015

Waiting, Waiting-
The time creeps slowly by,
But in my anxiety,
I surely wish it would fly.
_____________________________________________________________

March 18, 2015
Waiting, info, details, trauma,
My mind is spinning like a drama.
They stuck us in an empty cell
And my whole history I had to tell.

What did I do that was so vile,
Since I felt like a prisoner on trial.
It is comfort and solace that I seek
For sometimes my future seems so bleak.

So I sit quietly, soft music in the air,
Breathing in energy, Breathing out despair.
My worrisome thoughts melt from my mind,
And in their place springs an uplifting kind.

(My first day being interviewed for a Clinical Trial)
________________________________________________________

March 20, 2015

Once when I was a little girl,
I sat on a log and watched a squirrel.
He flitted and scampered in the trees,
Making me feel happy and at ease.

(I made this up while having an MRI to my brain.)


No comments:

Post a Comment